Topic: Trump's wall questions?

I have a few questions for anti trumps players just for the sake of poking the bear smile

1st question ......On the border of Mexico and the usa is there not already a fence in place in most parts even if it a bit ripped up and missing in places ? I believe there is but not sure.

2nd question.... What's the difference between a fence and a wall?

3rd question? Should it not just be considered modifications on your current "wall" or "fence" and not some horrible Creation by trump.

~Cells~

Re: Trump's wall questions?

I think Canada should put up a wall at the USA/Canada border so when everything goes to shit in the US, people cant flee north.  And Canada should make US pay for the wall.

Devillived wrote:

I think Canada should put up a wall at the USA/Canada border so when everything goes to shit in the US, people cant flee north.  And Canada should make US pay for the wall.

Sell Nunavut to America so we can say we made them pay for it.

Xeno wrote:
Devillived wrote:

That didn't go so well with alaska

~Cells~

Devillived wrote:

Haha I agree keep them americans out of my country haha let's have them Southern Canadians I mean Americans to pay for it

~Cells~

CELLS wrote:
Xeno wrote:
Devillived wrote:

/facepalm

Sell 'Nunavut', as in, NUNAVUT.  Do I have to really spell it out?  Really? 

Cell, you're not Canadian, are you?

7 (edited by Xeno 02-Feb-2017 23:01:20)

Spells out "    N-O-N-E    O-F     I-T     "

I wasn't actually suggesting selling the territory of Nunavut to the US to pay for the wall.

I was suggesting trade boycott and selling 'none of it' - and that is anything and everything we presently sell to the US (all our rocks and trees and water) and by doing so, make America pay dearly for the wall.

It was an inside joke only Canadians would get, and because you didn't get it, I thus I suppose you aren't Canadian, Cell.

Anyway, if Canada were to sell none of it, it would go something like this:

Trump, tweets, "Renegotiate NAFTA or cancel it."

Trudeau tweets, "So, sorry, truly, sorry. Must cancel NAFTA then.  Selling none of it!"

Trudeau tweets, "Don't worry, Canada, we'll be using it all to build a wall."

Couple months later:

/gas prices in US have spike by thousands of % (because no longer is Canada selling any oil to the US)
/US construction, manufacturing, industry of all sorts collapse (because no longer is Canada selling building supplies, namely wood, to build housing and so housing prices have skyrocketed and yet hardly anyone is buying homes).
/US unemployment soars,
/US can't even build their wall anymore

/gas prices in Canada fall or rise by a fraction of a % (because of using everything we might previously have been selling to the US to now build a wall)
/Canadian construction, manufacturing, industry of all sorts blossoms (again, because of using all raw materials and resources that we previously might have just sold as is to the US to now build tools machinery and other infrastructure we'll need to build the actual wall itself)
/Canadian unemployment becomes non-existent (because everyone who had previously been unemployed can find a job helping to build the wall)

Trump, very angry one night because of all of this tweets a threat to invade Canada.
Trudeau, seemingly not upset at all, calls Trump and simply reminds him that it didn't work out too well the last time the US tried to do that, sends him a text with a link to a Canadian source of the History of the War of 1812.

/US military invades Alberta
/Mexican military invades Texas
/An old British fleet lost in a time dilation vortex in the Bermuda triangle, appears suddenly and invades 'New England'
/Russia sends nukes
/US sends nukes
/Everybody with nukes sends nukes

We all die.

CELLS wrote:

I have a few questions for anti trumps players just for the sake of poking the bear smile

1st question ......On the border of Mexico and the usa is there not already a fence in place in most parts even if it a bit ripped up and missing in places ? I believe there is but not sure.

2nd question.... What's the difference between a fence and a wall?

3rd question? Should it not just be considered modifications on your current "wall" or "fence" and not some horrible Creation by trump.

1) The so-called fence is not on the border much due to the way the land lies, including rivers, canyons and bad terrain.

2) Both are stupid ideas put forward by bigoted presidents. overall the fence would be less costly to put up and maintain than the wall (approx $20bn to erect, and the same again in maintenance over 5 years)

3) Given it appears Trump is ignoring the fence and creating his own wall, no

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but i am Jesus"
"Nothing is worse than a fully prepared fool"

Xeno wrote:
CELLS wrote:
Xeno wrote:

/facepalm

Sell 'Nunavut', as in, NUNAVUT.  Do I have to really spell it out?  Really? 

Cell, you're not Canadian, are you?

Of course i am smile but i live damn close to newyork...40 min from the bridge and 25 min by boat so alot of people assume im American and also say i have a new york accent but i say its an ontario one

~Cells~

Xeno wrote:

Spells out "    N-O-N-E    O-F     I-T     "

I wasn't actually suggesting selling the territory of Nunavut to the US to pay for the wall.

I was suggesting trade boycott and selling 'none of it' - and that is anything and everything we presently sell to the US (all our rocks and trees and water) and by doing so, make America pay dearly for the wall.

It was an inside joke only Canadians would get, and because you didn't get it, I thus I suppose you aren't Canadian, Cell.

Anyway, if Canada were to sell none of it, it would go something like this:

Trump, tweets, "Renegotiate NAFTA or cancel it."

Trudeau tweets, "So, sorry, truly, sorry. Must cancel NAFTA then.  Selling none of it!"

Trudeau tweets, "Don't worry, Canada, we'll be using it all to build a wall."

Couple months later:

/gas prices in US have spike by thousands of % (because no longer is Canada selling any oil to the US)
/US construction, manufacturing, industry of all sorts collapse (because no longer is Canada selling building supplies, namely wood, to build housing and so housing prices have skyrocketed and yet hardly anyone is buying homes).
/US unemployment soars,
/US can't even build their wall anymore

/gas prices in Canada fall or rise by a fraction of a % (because of using everything we might previously have been selling to the US to now build a wall)
/Canadian construction, manufacturing, industry of all sorts blossoms (again, because of using all raw materials and resources that we previously might have just sold as is to the US to now build tools machinery and other infrastructure we'll need to build the actual wall itself)
/Canadian unemployment becomes non-existent (because everyone who had previously been unemployed can find a job helping to build the wall)

Trump, very angry one night because of all of this tweets a threat to invade Canada.
Trudeau, seemingly not upset at all, calls Trump and simply reminds him that it didn't work out too well the last time the US tried to do that, sends him a text with a link to a Canadian source of the History of the War of 1812.

/US military invades Alberta
/Mexican military invades Texas
/An old British fleet lost in a time dilation vortex in the Bermuda triangle, appears suddenly and invades 'New England'
/Russia sends nukes
/US sends nukes
/Everybody with nukes sends nukes

We all die.

Lmao im from ontario bud haha....but no i didnt get ur joke i was working a 13 hr midnight shift and not stoned wink

~Cells~

Cell,

Well, you never know when Americans pretend to be Canadian when they talk crazy-@##$ online (and vice versa), so please forgive my suspicion.

Also, it's been a while since I've been to Ontario...maybe the joke isn't popular over there?

Various variations of it (it's a really dumb joke).  People will refer to 'Nunavut', jokingly, pronouncing it 'none of it', and make some reference to how Canadians very much want 'none of it', or that 'none-of-it' is integral to Canada's national security and sovereignty and blah, de-blah, blah.   And then people laugh...  you know, THAT joke....  That's not a joke in Ontario?

1. No there's not much of a barrier.

2.  I want a fence and a dead zone and a wall with towers every 200 yards backed by a road and a heliport every five miles.  See what the USSR and China have going.

3. No, what is now sucks.

The core joke of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is that of course no civilization would develop personal computers with instant remote database recovery, and then waste this technology to find good drinks.
Steve Jobs has ruined this joke.

if we could drop more bombs on Vietnam than all other belligerents in WW2 than we can build the Wall

The core joke of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is that of course no civilization would develop personal computers with instant remote database recovery, and then waste this technology to find good drinks.
Steve Jobs has ruined this joke.

If the soviets can build one that works, I'm sure the US can. But US border patrols need to work on their style some. I bet many of those soviet guards are still unemployed and you could hire some expertise for almost nothing.

On a more serious note isn't camera's in combination with software that recognizes human and a slightly larger and more mobile border patrol not more cost effective?