Topic: Mafia 42 - Shaken Not Stirred.
M sat back in her chair gazing at the files strewn about her desk and sighed. Damn 007! Bond was vanished out of sight on some personal vendetta and there was a new crisis that needed to be dealt with. M frequently felt that her title 'M' often meant 'Mommy' when she had to manage the 00 agents.
M depressed a button on her phone, "Moneypenny, get 008 in here on the double."
"Yes ma'am," Moneypenny's calm voice drifted up from the small speaker on the phone.
After a few minutes and a polite rap on the door 008 strode into the room and took the seat opposite M where indicated.
M thumbed a security scanner on the drawer handle of the top drawer in her desk and at the bright chirp of approved access opened the drawer and pulled out a thick folder lavishly adorned in bright red TOP SECRET, CLASSIFIED, and EYES ONLY stamps. Looking at the file a moment she dropped it onto the desk in front of 008 with a thump.
"Your new case, 008. Last week we received word that two nuclear weapons were stolen from a secure base in Russia. We just got news of a rumor that they were taken by agents of SPECTRE. I need you to confirm SPECTRE involvement and take whatever steps are needed to recover the weapons. It goes without saying that whatever SPECTRE is up to needs to be stopped.”
008 took a moment to flip through the folder and crooked an eyebrow at M. “I thought James had first shot on all SPECTER cases?”
“007 is not available at this time, though should he become available I have every intention of sending him in as well, “ M glared. “Any questions?”
“Very well, 008. Godspeed.”
M watched 008 leave the room and rubbed her temples. This was going to be an interesting case.
Ernst Blofeld, SPECTRE Number 1 looked around the boardroom. Numbers 2 through 5 were attentively watching him. Blofeld smiled coldly and pet the cat in his arms.
“Are we ready to move into the next stage of the operation, Number 3?” Blofeld asked quietly.
“24 hours, Number 1. The nuclear weapons are almost in place. There was a slight delay with getting the first one into place. Patrolling naval vessels,” Number 3 replied, looking away from Blofeld.
“Excellent! When the weapons are in place we will start issuing our demands. The world will never be the same when we are through. Dismissed!” Blofeld watched his agents leave. After the last had left and the door was closed a soft but harsh chuckle could be heard filling the room. This was going to be so much fun.
1 x Godfather (Blofeld)
1 x Mafia Role Blocker (Number 2)
1 x Mafia Jack of All Trades (Number 3)
1 x Mafia Kamikazi (Number 4)
1 x Mafia Un-investigatable (Number 5)
1 x Doctor (Moneypenny)
1 x Cop (008)
1 x Town Roleblocker (007)
1 x Special Role (M)
1 x Town Jack of All Trades (Q)
11 x Townies
What The Roles Do
Number 1: Ernst Blofeld (Godfather)chooses who to kill at night. Mafia kill vote must come from the Godfather. If the Godfather is killed SPECTRE Number 2 replaces Number 1 as Godfather. Godfather responsibilities devolve upon each Mafia member in turn. The Godfather must PM BOTH game moderators with the name of the person being mafia killed each night phase. The Godfather can be healed, investigated, and roleblocked.
Number 2: SPECTRE Number 2 (Mafia Roleblocker) chooses who to roleblock at night. Roleblocker must message BOTH game moderators with the name of the person being roleblocked during the night phase. The Roleblocked role will show up in the story as having been roleblocked. Number 2 cannot target the same person twice in a row with a roleblock.
Number 3: SPECTRE Number 3 (Mafia Jack of All Trades) the mafia jack of all trades has three abilities: Night Kill, Investigate, and Vote Push. Each of these is ONE USE ONLY. During any NIGHT phase, Number 3 may PM BOTH game moderators with the name of someone to be killed or investigated. The kill is in addition to the regular mafia night kill. During the day lynch phase Number 3 may PM BOTH game moderators to use the vote push ability. The person they name gets a second invisible vote for lynching. The person they name does not need to be the person they are openly voting for.
Number 4: If Number 4 (Mafia Kamikazi) is targeted during the day for a lynch the person who Number 4 indicates during the previous night phase will also die with the Mafia Kamikazi. Number 4 is required to submit a name during each night phase to BOTH game moderators as to who will die alongside him in the event that he is lynched. If Number 4 does not submit a name the previous night phase the last valid name submitted will be used.
Number 5: SPECTRE Number 5 is an undercover SPECTRE agent. If investigated this character will come up as a regular townie.
008: 008 is the town cop. Every night phase 008 will investigate someone and learn their identity and role.
Moneypenny: Moneypenny is the town doctor. Every night the doctor will attempt to heal someone. The person targeted for healing will be protected from the normal night mafia kill but not from either of the Jack of All Trades Kills. The same person may not be targeted for healing two nights in a row. The Doctor is allowed to heal herself.
007: 007 is the town roleblocker. Roleblocker must message BOTH game moderators with the name of the person being roleblocked during the night phase. 007 chooses who to roleblock at night. The roleblocked role will show up in the story as having been roleblocked. If 008 is killed and 007 is still alive, 007 assumes the role of Cop and loses the ability to roleblock. 007 cannot target the same person twice in a row with a roleblock.
M: M is the town special role. If 008 is killed and 007 is still alive M will be given a file of all 008’s investigations and the identity of 007. M and 00 will then share information and work together. If M dies before 008 then no information will be passed on to 007 when 007 assumes the role as cop.
Q: Q is the Town Jack of All Trades and has 3 SINGLE USE ABILITIES. These are Investigation, Role Block, and Save. Q must PM BOTH game moderators to use any of these abilities. Role block blocks one nighttime role from occurring, Investigation investigates the role of one person and Save is able to prevent one person from being killed against night votes, day lynches and special role kills. In the event that Q wishes to use the Save during the day phase BOTH game moderators must be PMed before the end of the day phase. A day phase save will save the victim of a lynch. Q has one additional ability. IF after DAY 3 both Q and 007 are still alive Q gives 007 a one time use KILL that is only usable during NIGHT phase.
Townies: During day phase townies vote to lynch one person.
- The objective of the game is for your faction to be the last standing. In order to do this you must eliminate all members of the opposing faction.
-Mafia is allowed 1 kill each night. They will win if all townies are dead.
- Town wins if they kill all mafia members with at least one town member left alive. If no one is left alive at end of game SPECTRE (mafia) wins.
- In the event of a tie in the number of votes at the end of day phase, there will be an extended period of 1 hour for players to change their votes, should they wish to do so; if at the end of the extended period the tie still persists, BOTH players will be lynched; if a player missed the original voting deadline he will NOT be able to cast his vote during the extended period.
- The use of the VOTE PUSH ability must be PM’ed to BOTH game moderators during day phase. IF there is a tie at the end of the day phase(including the vote push in the count for tie), the user of VOTE PUSH may choose to use or change whom they are vote pushing for. The vote will appear as VOTE PUSH in the final vote count. The vote push will not show in the vote count before end of phase tally or in the event of a tie at said time.
- You cannot miss two votings; should this happen, you will be immediately removed from the game, and lynch will still commence based on voting.
- The voting deadline is just that, a deadline. Day phase will finish at 2:00 GMT, this means that if you vote at 2:00:01 GMT your vote will be excluded. This is irrelevant of whether the game moderators have posted that voting is closed.
- You are NOT allowed to make public the message sent you by the game moderators to tell you your role, either entirely or in part; should this happen you will be removed from the present game and possibly future editions as well. You can share what your information means, but you cannot share exact text.
- Once you're dead, you're dead. Do not talk about the game to still active players, or post in the forum thread. This will be considered an act of influence upon the remaining players, and will get you banned from future games. We all like to have fun, and play by the rules, so please keep that in mind.
Order of Events:
-Mob Special Kill
-Q/007 Special Kill
- Any Rolechanges (Roleblock -> Cop, etc.)
NIGHT PHASE is 2:00 GMT to 14:00 GMT the next day.
DAY PHASE is 14:00 GMT to 2:00 GMT
Daytime lynch votes are public and to be posted to this forum thread. Sorry for any problems caused.
-spelling in role list and bolding PM warning in Number3's role.
-time corrections in rule text.
-added admonishments to Number 2 and 007 to message both game moderators during night phase with roleblock.
-added clarifications about RB/Doc roles and REFIXED TIME (hate times)
-added note about daytime phase votes.