1 (edited by Gwynedd 17-Mar-2013 04:21:51)

Topic: Mafia 41 - Prohibition

*****************************************************************************************************

Welcome to Mafia 41. See if you can survive the Chicago Outfit during prohibition, you booze hounds!

*****************************************************************************************************

The story

Prohibition had been good for Al Capone and his family. Thanks to grog running Capone was making $100 million per year, a princely sum. His family were there to support him; Bob Calandra, Vince DeLuca, Frankie La Porte, Ross Prio and Frank Nitti.

Capone called a meeting of the Chicago Outfit. It was time to press these irishmen for all they were worth. Capone looked to his second, Frank Nitti. 'One day, you will inherit all of this from me. One day you will lead mi familia. You are a brother to me.'

Capone looked around the table, making eye contact with each member of his famiy. The time was come. 'Mi familia, I have a problem. These irish, they do not show the proper respect. They buy their alcohol from others. They do not understand, we run this town. What should we do about this.'

Nitti stood up. 'I would kill for you in an instant, any time. We should destroy these irishmen, make them fear us. They will pay proper respect or they will pay with their lives!' The rest of the family started clapping at this speech.

Capone lifted his hand up and everyone went silent. Capone looked at Nitti, 'Your plan intrigues me. Perhaps if we did kill a few they would learn. We start now.' Capone turned to Bob Calandra. 'Bob, your time has come to show your love for the family. You need to show these irish that we will not accept this. We run this town, not them.'

Calandra nodded. He knew what was to be done. Following the meeting Calandra drove down the street when he located a bum sitting on the corner. This homeless fool would do. Flint looked up into the eyes of Calandra. Calandra drew his pistol, shooting Flint square between the eyes. Calandra pulled out his knife and cut off Flint's head. Calandra proceeded to use Flint's blood to write on the wall a message to the town. 'The Chicago Outfit run this town, respect us or die'.

The next morning a young irishman was walking along the street when he saw Flint slumped in the gutter. He didn't think much of this, it was fairly normal for Flint to be sleeping in the gutter. As he approached, the irishman noted that Flint seemed smaller somehow. He looked up and saw Flint's head piked on a nearby fence. He read the message written above the head. The town had something to fear.

A meeting was called, but the mayor was out of town, he would not be returning until the following day. Today was a day to mourn, tomorrow would be the day to come together as a town and decide what to do.

Meanwhile, the irishman was enraged by the blood he had seen. It reminded him of another time, another place. He remembered the metallic smell, the taste of his own sweat and his victim's despair. It was time to start killing again, but this time he would just be killing for killing's sake.

THE ROLES

1 x Godfather (Al Capone)
1 x Mafia hitman (Frank Nitti)
4 x Mafia members (Bob Calandra, Vince DeLuca, Frankie La Porte and Ross Prio)
2 x Cops (Eliot Ness and Frank J. Wilson)
1 x Doctor
1 x Serial Killer
1 x Special Role
10 x Townies

WHAT THE ROLES DO

Godfather
Al Capone chooses who to kill each night phase, and which member of the Chicago Outfit will complete the kill. If investigated Al Capone will be shown to be a member of the Chicago Outfit. If targetted to be killed at night Al Capone will survive the hit.

Mafia hitman
Frank Nitti has a one time use power. Being the good mobster he is, he can choose to head out on his own and kill one person during a night phase. If Frank Nitti targets someone to be killed with this special one time hit they will die, irrelevant of whether they were being healed or immune to other night kills. THIS POWER CAN ONLY BE USED ONCE DURING THE GAME

Mafia members
The Mafia members will work with Al Capone to attempt to teach these damned townies some respect.

Cops
Eliot Ness and Frank J. Wilson have been brought to Chicago to end the power of the Chicago Outfit and specifically Al Capone. Each night Eliot Ness and Frank J. Wilson will conduct a raid on someone, finding out everything about them. Each day phase they will attempt to assist the town to lynch the members of the Chicago Outfit.

Doctor
The doctor believes that all life is sacred. Each night the doctor will head out and attempt to save someone's life. If the doctor attempts to heal the Serial Killer then the Serial Killer will become a townie. In this event the Serial Killer loses their night kill ability however retains their night immunity. The doctor will also be able to heal the special role.

Serial Killer
The Serial Killer is an irishman with an insatiable blood lust. Each night the SK will target one person in an attempt to kill them. If the SK targets Al Capone then Al Capone will survive this attack. If the doctor heals the Serial Killer they will become a town member, retaining their night immunity. If investigated the SK will appear to be a town member, and if the target of a mafia hit the SK will survive. The SK can be killed by Frank Nitti's special ability. During the day the SK will attempt to sew mayhem and lynch mafia members and town members alike!

Special Role
All of their life the special role has been a fast healer. Abused from birth, the wounds inflicted by the special roles father had to heal quick. If targetted for a night kill by either the Serial Killer or the mafia the Special Role will survive it, becoming a second Serial Killer. The special role will obtain the same powers as the Serial Killer, being night immune. If the SK has not been healed then the Special Role and the SK will work as a two man killing team, having only 1 kill between them. If the SK has been healed then the Special Role will be working by themself as a new SK. If the Special Role is healed by the doctor before the special role's murderous streak is activated then they will be a regular townie that is immune to night kill (except by the mafia special role). If the Special Role has been activated and they are healed by the doctor they will become a regular townie that is immune to night kill.

Town Members
Each night the town members will be shaking in their boots, hoping that the Chicago Outfit doesn't decide to target them. During each day phase the town members will attempt to root out the members of the Chicago Outfit.

The Rules

- Your objective is to rule Chicago; to do this, you must eliminate your opposing faction.

- Mafia is allowed 1 kill each night; they will win if they kill all townies and the serial killer(s)

- Town will win if they kill all Mafia members and kill or heal the serial killer(s)

- The serial killer is allowed 1 kill each night; they win if they kill everyone else and are the survivor (with special role or without), or if they are healed and win with the town.

- The special role is activated if someone attempts to kill them during night phase. They will work with the serial killer, and with the serial killer will be allowed 1 kill per night (i.e 1 between the two serial killers); they win if they kill everyone else and are the survivor (with serial killer or without), or if they are healed and win with the town.

- Each day phase, every town member must vote for whoever they think should be lynched; this person will die and no longer be a part of the game

- In the event of a tie in the number of votes at the end of dayphase, there will be an extended period of 1 hour for players to change their votes, should they wish to do so; if at the end of the extended period the tie still persists, BOTH players will be lynched; if a player missed the original voting deadline he will NOT be able to cast his vote during the extended period

- You cannot miss two votings in a row; should this happen, you will be immediately removed from the game, and lynch will still commence based on voting.

- The voting deadline is just that, a deadline. Day phase will finish at 0200 GMT, this means that if you vote at 02:00:01 GMT your vote will be excluded. This is irrelevant of whether the game moderators have posted that voting is closed.

- You are NOT allowed to make public the message sent you by the game moderators to tell you your role, either entirely or in part; should this happen you will be removed from the present game and possibly future editions as well. You can share what your information means, but you cannot share exact text.

- Once you're dead, you're dead. Do no talk about the game to still active players, or post in the forum thread. This will be considered an act of influence upon the remaining players, and will get you banned from future games. We all like to have fun, and play by the rules, so please keep that in mind.

Order of events
- Heal
- SK Kill
- Mafia Kill
- Mob hit special
- Investigation

Times
1400 GMT - 0200 GMT = Day phase
0200 GMT - 1400 GMT = Night phase

Insanity and genius are closely related!
*** Eltie for mod! ***
Failing Lemming of Teachings and Australian Cop Orgies: Gwynedd

2 (edited by Gwynedd 23-Mar-2013 15:00:33)

Re: Mafia 41 - Prohibition

The player list

1. Torqez ---------------------------- Killed night 5 by sk ------------- Townie
2. Oxygen --------------------------- Killed night 1 by Al Capone --- Townie
3. Alundra --------------------------- Killed night 3 by SK ------------- Bob Calandra (mob)
4. Silmarwen (xara) -------------- SURVIVED -------------------------- TOWNIE
5. Poley ------------------------------ Killed night 1 by SK ------------- Townie
6. Keerb ----------------------------- Killed night 4 by SK ------------- Ross Prio (mob)
7. UD --------------------------------- Killed night 3 by Frank Nitti --- Townie
8. SSL -------------------------------- Lynched Day 3 ------------------ Frank Nitti (mob)
9. Satanic Spawn (HydroP) ----- SURVIVED --------------------------- TOWNIE
10. Ramza -------------------------- Lynched Day 2 ------------------- Frankie LaPorte (mob)
11. TheBigOne -------------------- SURVIVED --------------------------- Eliot Ness (Cop)
12. Genesis ------------------------ Lynched Day 5 -------------------- Townie
13. Tia  ------------------------------ Lynched Day 4 -------------------- Vince DeLuca (mob) (Double mob lynch)
14. RisingDown -------------------- Lynched Day 4 -------------------- Al Capone (mob) (Double mob lynch)
15. Remo ---------------------------- Killed night 6 by SK -------------- Town Doctor
16. Galeonis ------------------------ Auto Lynched Day 5 ------------- Townie (Killed for missing votes)
17. Nolio ----------------------------- Killed night 2 by Vince DeLuca - Cop (Frank J Wilson)
18. EvilRunt ------------------------- Killed night 2 by SK --------------- Townie
19. KT -------------------------------- SURVIVED -------------------------- Special Role (Confused Townie)
20. Wendy -------------------------- Lynched Day 6 --------------------- The irishman (SK)
21. The_Unknown ----------------- Lynched Day 1 --------------------- Townie

*** Eltie for mod! ***

In 1st page epic game

yeah looks good!

Maar doodslaan deed hij niet, want tussen droom en daad,
Staan wetten in de weg en praktische bezwaren,
En ook weemoedigheid, die niemand kan verklaren,
En die des avonds komt, wanneer men slapen gaat.

With the exception being your spelling of prohibition

<KT|Away> I am the Trump of IC

sweet theme smile

I'm excited!

- The Galeonis Empire

[00:26] <&Walking_Corpse> mapgen doesn't work right for me
[00:26] <&Galeonis> yeah yeah same with ur penis tongue

w00000000t!

It is easier to meet girl in park than to park meat in girl.

Looks like roles have been distributed

Leap ahead

ROLES HAVE BEEN SENT OUT!

Also, I sent to your Tri inbox AND you a forum PM. We will try to use forum pm's this game. Tri will be closed soon, so you need to make sure you get any important info you want from there safe into a PM or saved in a notepad on your comp. I will close the Tri galaxy in 48 hours.

ALL ROLE PLAYERS NEED TO SEND THEIR TARGETS TO GWYNNED AND ARBY3 BOTH BY USING THE FORUM PM FEATURE!

If you do not know how to use it, message me on irc and I'll explain. It's super duper easy peasy!

Modestus Experitus

Arby: A very strict mod, reminds me of a fat redneck who drives a truck around all day with a beer in one hand. I hated this guy at the start, however, I played a round in PW with him where he went as an anonymous player. Our fam got smashed up and everyone pretty much left. Arby stayed around and helped out the remaining family. At the end of the round he revealed himself.... My views on him have changed since. Your a good guy.....

Night Phase 1 will start at 02:00 GMT!

Be ready! Good luck! Have fun! big_smile

Modestus Experitus

Arby: A very strict mod, reminds me of a fat redneck who drives a truck around all day with a beer in one hand. I hated this guy at the start, however, I played a round in PW with him where he went as an anonymous player. Our fam got smashed up and everyone pretty much left. Arby stayed around and helped out the remaining family. At the end of the round he revealed himself.... My views on him have changed since. Your a good guy.....

Good luck everyone!

wow Gwyn.. way to kill BBcode sad

<@Nick> it always scares me when KT gets all dominatrixy
* I_like_pie is now known as pie|bbl
<@KT|afk> Look at him run!
<@Nick> if you tell him to slap you and call you mommy
<@Nick> i'm leaving and never coming back

it was ~*Pinwheel Forever*~

Go make his life miserable if you desire to make sure he stays inline

Everything bad in the economy is now Obama's fault. Every job lost, all the debt, all the lost retirement funds. All Obama. Are you happy now? We all get to blame Obama!
Kemp currently not being responded to until he makes CONCISE posts.
Avogardo and Noir ignored by me for life so people know why I do not respond to them. (Informational)

AWWWW, i just sent out more expos dammit.
why are you closing tri?

> Arbolio3 wrote:

> ROLES HAVE BEEN SENT OUT!

Also, I sent to your Tri inbox AND you a forum PM. We will try to use forum pm's this game. Tri will be closed soon, so you need to make sure you get any important info you want from there safe into a PM or saved in a notepad on your comp. I will close the Tri galaxy in 48 hours.

ALL ROLE PLAYERS NEED TO SEND THEIR TARGETS TO GWYNNED AND ARBY3 BOTH BY USING THE FORUM PM FEATURE!

If you do not know how to use it, message me on irc and I'll explain. It's super duper easy peasy!

He waka eke noa

Because it's redundant.

i'm late, but also...

*****IT IS NOW NIGHT PHASE! PLAYERS HAVE UNTIL 14:00 GMT TO GET THEIR NIGHT ROLE TARGETS INTO BOTH GWYNEDD AND ARBY3! SEND THEM A PRIVATE MESSAGE THROUGH THE FORUMS TO DO THIS. MESSAGES SENT THROUGH THE TRIANGULUM GALAXY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!*******

Modestus Experitus

Late?
Well I never... oh wait.... nm... nothing to see here.

Everything bad in the economy is now Obama's fault. Every job lost, all the debt, all the lost retirement funds. All Obama. Are you happy now? We all get to blame Obama!
Kemp currently not being responded to until he makes CONCISE posts.
Avogardo and Noir ignored by me for life so people know why I do not respond to them. (Informational)

^lol

****************************************************************************************************

The irishman walked up and down inside his house, his brain wheeling. All he could see was blood, all he could imagine was taking lives. He made a decision, he was going to kill again. He had taken many lives before, this time he was doing it to enjoy it. He went to the house of his prey. When he arrived, all the lights were out. It seemed Poley wasn't home yet.

The serial killer pulled a set of picks out of his pocket, easily opening Poley's front door. He made sure to lock it again behind himself. He looked around Poley's living room, there were potatoes in the kitchen but not much more in the house. The irishman saw a picture of Poley with his wife, her firey red hair was waving in the picture. It had been taken back in ireland. The irishman moved behind the door, he had heard Poley approaching and whistling a jig. The irishman pulled taut the wire he had brought with him. As Poley fumbled with the lock the irishman slowed his breathing. He had done this plenty of times, no need to get excited. Poley stepped through the door, before he could even react the Irishman had the wire around Poley's throat. The irishman was disgusted as Poley defecated in his pants, he decided to end it quickly, drawing his knife and stabbing Poley in the throat. Poley the townie was no more.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town Al Capone was sitting in his study with his family. He looked to each of them, asking the same question, "Which of these irish shows the least respect, who shall we make a lesson of tonight." Each of his family members answered the same way. There was one amongst the town that showed no respect, drinking to excess at any speak eazy he could find. He did not care whether it was an establishment run by the Chicago Outfit or others, so long as he could drink.

Al Capone decided he would kill this one himself. He went to a speak eazy run by the Chicago Outfit, trying to find out if anynoe had seen Oxygen that night. It was Capone's lucky night; Oxygen was sitting at the bar, well into his cups already. Capone clapped and everyone in the room stood up and walked out. Oxygen looked around to see what was going on. Capone turned to Oxygen, "Why you show no respect?" Capone demanded an explanation of Oxygen, who appeared unsteady on his stool. Capone lost his patience, spitting in Oxygen's beer. Oxygen stood up, thinking of fighting Capone for wasting a perfectly good beer. As Oxygen staggered towards Capone, he didn't see the haymaker coming. Capone knocked out Oxygen with one punch.

Capone dragged Oxygen into the street, where the Chicago Outfit had created a pyre. Capone tied down Oxygen, breaking his arms and legs so he couldn't move. Capone poured fuel on the bottom of the pyre. The residents of the town came outside to the eerie glow. Oxygen's screams could be heard echoing from the pyre, but it was far too late. Oxygen the townie was dead.

****************************************************************************************************

It is now day phase. Everyone has until 0200 GMT to get in their votes.

*** Eltie for mod! ***

night 1! big_smile

Let the games begin! 2 townies hit first night, not a bad thing seen in perspective. Let's hope the cops got off a useful investigation so we can get this show rolling!

Hrmmmm.  I wonder if they decided to keep Flint's new rule of telling people they've been investigated.

<KT|Away> I am the Trump of IC

I'm going to go read so voting for Alundra, cause thats the random number of the day. (Don't want to forget to vote, and all that jazz.)

poor oxy and poley.

Tia did iT!

i vote Tia

Leap ahead

I'm changing my vote to genesis for things said in Chat.

Leap ahead