1 (edited by Einstein 10-Mar-2013 15:11:07)

Topic: Mafia 40 - The Return of Moriarty!

Sherlock Holmes

In a darkened house with just enough moonlight entering from a sun roof window, a figure approaches another figure cautiously. The stealthy man, dressed in fine clothes with gloves on stops near a desk. The other man, seeming asleep on an oversized imported Spanish Sofa merely seems to be sleeping. The intruder gingerly reaches for a bright red diary on the desk with his left hand.

"I would not do that if I were you Professor Moriarty, the trap could be quite painful.". This from the figure on the Sofa as he cautiously takes in his environment. His keen eyes note several things of interest as he looks.

"Yes Sherlock it could be, if I had not replaced the latch covering the drawstring with my foot, did you think a mere collapsing floor trap would get me". The figure comes into contrast, his right hand holding a revolver. He stepped cautiously around the desk, more fully into the moonlight. "I came for my diary. This is not it, where is it Mr. Holmes?"

"From the smell of things I ascertain you used gum on the sulfuric gas trap, and from here I observe you drugged Gladstone. Would you be kind enough to tell me what with?" Sherlock could see the dog stilled breathed and  did not see any source of blood or liquids. "You by chance did not use the new oral tranquilizer stolen from...."

"Yes from the Waterford District" This said as a sharp and angry retort. Impatience marked his sharp face. "Mixed with ground beef. Now Sherlock about my diary, I really must insist." With that he fully extended out  the revolver while his left hand reached into his jackets pocket for something.

"Ah but first answer me this. What do you intend to do about my best trap, one you have unwittingly placed yourself in?" Sherlock slowly straightens himself on the couch while saying this, careful to not to make his hands seem to want to grab something or to incidentally hide them.

"Sherlock quit stalling and answer or I shall be forced to shoot you." and with that he draws a silenced derringer with his left hand. "I shall give you one chance to reveal where the book and the pages are, or I shall have to shoot you and search the place and I do despise delays".

A voice comes from elsewhere in the room "I rather you not" as a section of bookshelf removed itself from the bookshelf in question. Two white eyeballs hovering in middle of a book on Plato and a pistol seemingly held from a dictionary.

"Astonishing" comes from Moriarty in a low voice. He looks at Doctor Watson and then to Holmes. "I am pleased to have brought two guns for I am sure the esteemed doctor would have shot one out of my hand. Now then, as we are all men of logic I shall leave slowly. However Holmes I shall not forget, nor shall I stop looking for what is mine"

After he leaves Sherlock turns Watson and says "Just in case I think we should separate for a while, and hide about in the city, until we gain more knowledge of his new hideout".

The Plot
Moriarty had used a special system to encrypt his diary. He used a standard side to side encryption but also ordered the entries for a second encryption. Sherlock was shocked when he reasoned 8ut the up and down encryption, but with out a key he could not decipher it. Fearing Moriarty might have survived the fall off the balcony Sherlock sent a page to everyone he could trust with instructions written by Dr. Watson to not lose the page.

The story revolves around the two key characters as they duel with their wits. If in the day phase a townie is voted it merely means that Moriarty has killed another in his search for his pages, and recovered valuable information. If a gang member is voted it means Sherlock has narrowed down the pack in his quest to stop Moriarty.

The cast:

Sherlock Holmes: Sherlock cannot be killed at night. If he is targeted his player dies but his role moves to a non-role townie (randomly, until none exist, then he dies) and all information he has collected is lost (New Sherlock is not told of investigations done). He can perform one investigation a night.

Doctor Watson: Sherlock's trusted friend, he can prevent the death during a night phase. He cannot target the same player twice in a row but CAN protect himself. If killed on the first night/day his role goes to a random townie. He also can perform a DAY PHASE investigation.

Irene Adler: Known as the only person to have outsmarted Sherlock, she plays as the towns roleblock. She can roleblock once each day and night but cannot role-block the same person for 24 hours minimum.

Mycroft Holmes: Mycroft has been hounded by other members of Moriarty's gang and therefore has gone into hiding. He has a secret role to play in our story.

Gladstone the dog: Every night Gladstone finds a new person to protect, and will die in place of the other. He is unable to protect the same person for two turns after last protecting said person.

Professor Moriarty: Criminal Mastermind, he seeks the red diary and the pages torn from it. He has the ability to role block once during the day phase, and once during the night phase (two separate role-blocks). He also determines who will be sought out and killed each night and who will do the kill.  He cannot successfully role-block Sherlock Holmes twice in a row but can keep role-blocking the same person if desired. (And accidental or deliberate 2nd, 4th, and so forth block on Sherlock has no effect.)

Sebastian Moran: One of the members of Moriarty's gang he is a skilled assassin and crack shot. He can kill one person anytime he wants (if during lynch phase the person loses their vote, if during night phase the persons role does not happen that night). This kill cannot be prevented by Dr. Watson but can be role-blocked.

Charles Augustus Milverton: A corrupt man in many ways, he is rich, loves extortion, loves knowledge, and cares not for privacy. His powers include 1 time use forced vote change (a player is told to vote one way, if they fail to do so, or reveal that they were forced, they die. To help prevent detection the player may be required to 'vote hop' before ending on the desired target), he can investigate people 3 times, he can role block 1 time. Investigations reveal everything about the players role and the role-block can be used day or night. One power per 24 hour day use only.

Edwardo Monticello: A hired thug this man is a big brute. In the day time he can (1 time use) prevent someone from voting entirely. He does this by hitting them.... hard.

Jack the Ripper: While not the real Jack someone is killing certain specific people. He too is collecting Moriarty's pages. He seems to not care who he kills in this quest. He cannot be cured

Order of Events/Priority Order
Day Phase:

1. Irene Adler Role-block

2. Sebastian Moran's special attack

3. Moriarty's role-block

4. Milverton's Role-block

5. Watson's Investigation

6. Edwardo's fist

7. Chosen Player's Death

8. Milverton's Investigation

Night Phase

1. Gladstone protection

2. Irene Adler Role-block

3. Sebastian Moran's special attack

4. Moriarty's Role-block

5. Milverton's Role-block

6. Watson's Heal

7. Serial Killer and gang kills

8. Sherlock's Investigation

9. Milverton's investigation

Moriarty and his gang wins if they are the sole survivors.
Jack the Ripper wins if he alone lives.
The town wins if at least one member lives and no Gang member, nor the sk, live.

In the event of a tie a random number generator will be used 1) both die 2) both die 3) Person 1 dies 4) Person 2 dies 5) No one dies 6) both die. In the event of a 3 way or higher tie there shall be 1.5 * number of tie chances for all to die (rounded UP), 1 chance per given individual tied to die and 1 overall chance no one dies.

The secret role is secret. Therefore no clues of when, day phase, or night, is provided.

Everything bad in the economy is now Obama's fault. Every job lost, all the debt, all the lost retirement funds. All Obama. Are you happy now? We all get to blame Obama!
Kemp currently not being responded to until he makes CONCISE posts.
Avogardo and Noir ignored by me for life so people know why I do not respond to them. (Informational)

2 (edited by Einstein 14-Mar-2013 16:02:44)

Re: Mafia 40 - The Return of Moriarty!

Players list

1) HydroP - Killed Night 5, innocent townie killed by mob (Moriarty)
2) Torqez - Killed Night 1, innocent townie killed by Mob (Edwardo)
3) Poley - Lynched Day 1, Serial Killer
4) Keerb
5) Nolio - Lynched Day 4, Charles Milverton, Mafia
6) Gwynedd
7) Xara
8) Alundra
9) Arby3 - Killed Night 2, Innocent townie killed by Mob (Edwardo)
10) RisingDown
11) Ssl - Lynched Day 2, Moriarty #1 (Replaced by Moran dying)
12) Genesis
13) Undeath - KIlled Night 3, Doctor Watson, killed by Mob (Milverton
14) Oxygen
15) Freezy
16) WalkingCorpse (WC) KilledNight 2, Sherlock Holmes #1 killed by mafia (Edwardo)
17) EvilRunt - Lynched day 3, innocent townie, kill by mafia (Edwardo)
18) Tia - Autokilled Day 4, Innocent Townie
19) KT - Killed Night 2
20) TBO

Everything bad in the economy is now Obama's fault. Every job lost, all the debt, all the lost retirement funds. All Obama. Are you happy now? We all get to blame Obama!
Avogardo and Noir ignored by me for life so people know why I do not respond to them. (Informational)

3 (edited by Einstein 09-Mar-2013 17:04:56)

Rules

If you go inactive with a role you are banned from 1 game.

Doctor cannot reveal role first day, this is abuse of protection.

If you miss 2 votes (notwithstanding Edwardo attack) you are autokilled.

In the event of a tie (copy paste soon)

Mafia wins if they are only survivors.
Sk wins if he is only survivor
Town wins if both mafia and sk are dead

Times are 0300 and 1500gmt. Night phases and Day phases have roles to do.

4 (edited by Einstein 09-Mar-2013 16:08:41)

If you did not get a message about a role you are townie.... rather inconvienant timing on dead battery, sorry

Ill message those people soon enough

It is now night phase. You have til 1500 gmt to send me your actions for your assigned roles.

soooooo quiet!

Solis - #7872

shhh people are trying to decipher the rules!

<@Nick> it always scares me when KT gets all dominatrixy
* I_like_pie is now known as pie|bbl
<@KT|afk> Look at him run!
<@Nick> if you tell him to slap you and call you mommy
<@Nick> i'm leaving and never coming back

let the chaos begin!

Leap ahead

18) Blankie! huh?

and thats as far as I got... Reading the player list -.-

"I lie down next to an angel, fall asleep and fly with the demons"
I once prayed to god for some planets, but quickly found out he didnt work that way

I'm guessing that is Tia.

Insanity and genius are closely related!
*** Eltie for mod! ***
Failing Lemming of Teachings and Australian Cop Orgies: Gwynedd

preemptive vote against arby3

Leap ahead

Gwynedd wrote:

I'm guessing that is Tia.

Would be nice to leave pet names out of the players list as to not cause more confusion than is necessary X(

"I lie down next to an angel, fall asleep and fly with the demons"
I once prayed to god for some planets, but quickly found out he didnt work that way

Clearly this round is all about confusion. Otherwise you wouldn't have so many roles that no one will ever be able to understand it. Further, the general rule is that all persons use their usual names, so it is just Flint being Flint (you can guess the word I am thinking of).

*** Eltie for mod! ***

is the night phase 22hrs long?

Been dreaming, I've been waiting, To fly with those brave ponies
The Wonderbolts, their daring tricks, Spinning 'round and having kicks
Perform for crowds of thousands, They'll shower us with diamonds
The Wonderbolts will see me right here at the Gala!

Night Phase ends in 3 hours

Blankie was her night time bedtime name for years. Sorry, edited it to Tia.

Editing posts is against the rules!

*** Eltie for mod! ***

Poley wrote:

Would be nice to leave pet names out of the players list

lol'd ...and revolted at the same time!

19 (edited by Einstein 10-Mar-2013 15:10:28)

The night rained as if the sky had sucked up an Ocean and dumped it straight on London. People were asleep in their houses, oblivious of the extreme weather. Inspector Gregson was unhappy being about in this severe weather, but alas sometimes an inspector had this requirement. As he sloshed through the puddles on his way to the goal of the night he thought he heard coughing ahead to his right. No matter he had important business tonight. Tonight he knew where Moriarty was and he was going to upstage that Sherlock Holmes and get the laugh this time.

He started walking under the awning of a large shop, seeking shelter from the driving rain. Suddenly the view on his immeadiate right vanished, as a giant of a man suddenly appeared out of an easement. With nary a word to be said the giants fist connected with a glancing blow to Inspector Gregson, which was enough to send him spiraling into the street with a splash in the mud and water. Inspector Gregson tried to grab his trusty firearm except the giant kicked him heartily at that point in the ribs, causing a large set to crack as loud as the lightning it seemed to Inspector Gregson. A ham fist came down and picked him up, and carried him to a small shelter.

Dumping the moaning Inspector Gregson to a table the giant started going through his clothes. Sure enough he found a wax paper covered envelope. Gingerly opening it to make sure the contents did not get wet, he was satisfied when he saw the encrypted page and the first entry which had the mysterious word TORQEZ written on it. Wrapping the paper up, Edwardo looked at the man who dared upset his boss. He decided to finish this Inspector with style. Pulling back a meaty arm, his left first wrapped with a pare of brass knuckles, he aimed for the groin. Whereas Inspector Gregson could not hardly speak or cry out due to his pain before, he now screamed with power.

"I cant have you beein so noisy, guess this is it" the giant known as Edwardo said, and with that the left fist came down hard on Inspector Gregson's head.

Torqez, the innocent townie, is dead

Jack the Ripper did not kill anyone tonight

It is now DAY PHASE.

Everyone has 12 hours to post their votes, and for roles to send their roles to me

I vote WC

I vote Flint! :X

[13:43] <@RisingDown> never thought i'd say it, but TBO actually did something useful.
[13:43] <@arsy> dont let him see you say that
[13:43] <@RisingDown> oh shit
[13:43] * You were kicked from #room by arsy (kapow!)

change the note next to Torq's name in first post please - it should say what his role was also.

<@Nick> it always scares me when KT gets all dominatrixy
* I_like_pie is now known as pie|bbl
<@KT|afk> Look at him run!
<@Nick> if you tell him to slap you and call you mommy
<@Nick> i'm leaving and never coming back

More cler, it is now.

/yoda

Voting Poley

time to die baddie!

Solis - #7872