Topic: Mafia 39: Living in the West was harder than you think!
The Origins of the Feud: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_a … e_conflict
Mounting Tension: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_a … th_Cowboys
The incident at the Old Kindersley Horse Lot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_a … e_gunfight
The aftermath: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_a … the_battle
The Town's reaction: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_a … c_reaction
Nota Bene: This takes place during the brief window from the court hearings and trial: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_a … r_hearing, to the final events culminating in the Earp Vendetta Ride: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earp_Vendetta_Ride
The citizens of Tombstone Arizona are in a frenzied panic. The Earps seem like brutally rough yet decent lawmen, but they have shown a lapse in judgment. Even though certain testimonies were dismissed by Justice of the Peace Wells Spicer, many citizens still believe that the Earps are cold blooded killers. Ike was pretty persuasive in saying that he and Billy were not only unarmed during the O.K. shootout, but that the Earp "gang" fired first. Tom Fitch, esquire, was as silver tongued as they came though when it came to defending The Earp Brothers in court so many are ready to give them the benefit of the doubt...for now.
Virgil's wounding and Morgan's assassination have reignited the town's lust for righteous killings, and as the nightly murders start filling up the town cemetery they are ready for an end to this mess. The residents are sure it has to be the local "Cowboy" outlaws behind all of the senseless death, but wouldn't put it past one of the Earps or that crazy killer Doc Holliday being behind the assassinations as well. They are all known to have dodged the law at some point.
Sheriff John Behan is trying to get a handle on things before they spin even further out of control, but he has recently begun receiving mysterious money packed envelopes during the night that contain simple two word commands. He knows he shouldn't succumb to his greed, but he is beginning to itch profusely in certain areas and he knows that in 30 years or so he may need the money for his hospital bills.
Meanwhile, Mattie has snuck back into town in search of Wyatt, with pints of laudanum tucked into her corset. If no one will invite her to party, she will make one on her own.
Sadie patiently waited for her new squeeze Wyatt to ship his tramp off, but now she is hearing rumors that the nasty little tart Mattie Blaylock is back in town.
Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp - This cold blooded, questionable ethics embracing, pro-town Cop will find his brother's killers and either see them hang, or bathe in their own blood...whichever involves the least amount of paperwork. If he is night killed, the results of his investigations will be received via post by a person of his choosing. If he is lynched, the investigations die with him.
John Henry "Doc" Holliday - The pro-town "Doctor" who couldn't hack it as a dentist, tries to save someone each night with his bloody pliers and bottle of whiskey. He may cough on you and drunkenly spill his hip flask in your crotch but at least you'll survive if he notices that you're in trouble. He cannot save himself. He has a horrible temper and if the town moves to lynch him, he will pull his derringer and shoot the person closest to him (whomever he thinks that may be) before being subdued...If attacked at night, he will take his killer with him into death. If attacked during the day, the combatants' fate will be decided by a duel to the death with a single roll of the die deciding their fates. He is dying of tuberculosis anyway, and has no fear of death itself.
Baxter "Warren" Earp - This hot-headed and unexperienced pro-town RoleBlocker frequently goes against his brother's wishes and sneaks off during the middle of the night to criminally restrain people and play "cop". Fortunately, this bully gets no real information from anyone. He just annoys them during the night, not allowing them to get anything done. At least he is smart enough not to block the same person 2 nights in a row. In the event that Wyatt is killed, Warren grows a brain and assumes the Cop role as well,** including the authority to deputize one person. If this occurs there will only be 1 investigation between the 2 cops. **
There are 13 normal Tombstone Citizens.
William Bresnaham a.k.a. "Curly Bill Brocious" is the GodFather who wasn't even present at the O.K. Corral shootout, yet runs things behind the scenes. He just wants to be left alone to smoke Opium, but his gang members are demanding the death of the Earps and their prick friend Doc Holliday. He orders a nightly assassination to appease them, just so he can get back to his dope. If investigated, he will appear to be a loyal Tombstone citizen.
Joseph Isaac "Ike" Clanton - The crafty pro-mob RoleBlocker. He is comfortable with riding against the law while still using it in his favor. He will frustrate the Earps by any means necessary. He is way more intelligent than people think and has no targeting limits each night.
William Francis "Billy" Claiborne - Billy is a cowardly Mobster that is unable to get up the nerve to assassinate anyone on his own without being ordered to do so. Three days into the game though, he gathers enough courage for a risky, albeit foolish, day kill. He wastes most of his money on opium and whiskey so he can only afford the ammunition to kill someone every other day. The killings do not affect the outcome of the voting and will be revealed at the conclusion of the lynch phase. (Mob Special)
**Elliot Larkin Ferguson a.k.a. Pete Spence - This former Texas Ranger, now gone bad, is believed to be one of the ones responsible for Morgan Earp's death. He is hiding among the outlaws and is a fugitive from justice. He is afraid to show his face during the day, unless he has the gang to protect him.**
The Serial Killer:
Celia Ann "Mattie" Blaylock - A former prostitute with an addiction to laudanum and Wyatt Earp's old shacked up, common-law "wife". Her syphilis has flared up again and each night in a fit of sexually frustrated rage, she sneaks out and stabs someone in the back with her trusty boot knife. If Wyatt won't give it to her, she'll give it to someone else. She is immune to night killing.
The Corrupt Politician (Special Role 1):
John Harris Behan is the corrupt Cochise County Sheriff in the pay of Ike Clanton. He votes as a loyal town citizen, but will fall under Ike's sway if legal action is initiated during the night. If Ike is killed, he becomes a normal Tombstone citizen.
The Jealous New Girlfriend (Special Role 2):
Josephine "Sadie" Sarah Marcus is Johnny Behan's ex-girlfriend and Wyatt Earp's new shacked up, common-law "wife". Sadie only has one thing on her mind: Find the hopped up prostitute and get her out of the way...for good. Each night she will sneak out of the hotel in search of Mattie Blaylock. If Mattie is found, then the very next day the strung out hooker will find herself alone and unable to defend herself as Sadie ties up loose ends. She votes as a normal Tombstone Citizen.
********* RULES *********
- Your objective is to rule Tombstone; to do this, you must eliminate the opposing factions.
- Outlaws are allowed 1 kill each night and 1 kill beginning the 3rd day if Billy is activated; they will win if they kill all pro-town roles, citizens, special roles, and Mattie Blaylock
- Town will win if they kill all Outlaws and Mattie Blaylock
- Mattie Blaylock is allowed 1 kill each night; she wins if she kills everyone else and is the sole survivor
- If Doc Holliday is challenged to a gun fight during they day the winner will be decided as follows: 1 or 6 means both die, 2, 3 or 4 means Doc lives, 5 means the attacker lives
- Each day phase every Tombstone citizen must vote for whomever they think should be executed that day; this person will die and no longer be a part of the game.
- In the event of a tie in the number of votes at the end of dayphase, there will be an extended period of 1 hour for players to change their votes, should they wish to do so; if at the end of the extended period the tie still persists, BOTH players will be lynched; if a player missed the original voting deadline he/she will NOT be able to cast his/her vote during the extended period. During the additional hour of voting as a result of a tie, players may only vote for those people who were tied for the highest votes among players during that day phase.
- You cannot miss two votes; should this happen, you will be immediately removed from the game, and lynch will still commence based on voting.
**-IF YOU GO INACTIVE WITH A SPECIAL ROLE: You automatically receive a 1 game ban. No exceptions.**
- You are NOT allowed to make public the message sent you by the writers that details your role, either entirely or in part; should this happen you will be removed from the present game and possibly future editions as well. You can share what your information means, but you cannot share the exact text.
- Once you're dead, you're dead.
>>>> DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME TO ACTIVE PLAYERS!
>>>> DO NOT POST IN THE FORUM THREAD!
>>>> DO NOT POST ABOUT THE GAME IN #MAFIA CHAT!
The above are considered acts of influence upon the remaining players, and will get you banned from future games. We all like to have fun, and play by the rules, so please keep that in mind.
Order of Night Activities:
Order of Day Activities:
Doc kill (if activated)
1. Ramza---Doc-Killed by SK Night 2
2. Keerb---lynched day 4
3. Arby3---town SK hunter killed day 3 by mob special
5. Oxygen---Cop, Mob killed night 4
7. Torqez---town, killed by mob special day 5
8. Walking_Corpse---town, mob killed night 6
9. RisingDown---Mob Killed Night 1
10. EvilRunt---mob special, lynched day 5
12. Freezy---Mob RB lynched day 3
14. Einstein--- Town, lynched Day 1
15. Nolio--- Town, Killed by SK Night 1
18. Gwynedd---Town RB, killed by Mob night 5
21. Remo---SK, killed by town special Night 2
22. Galeonis---Town, lynched Day 2
23. Genesis---Town, Mob killed night 3
GAME WILL START MARCH THE 2ND @ 0200 gmt
Night Phase: 0200-1400
Day Phase: 1400-0200
(All times are GMT)
[Banned List: There is no one on it at this time]