1 (edited by SSL 07-Mar-2013 15:46:08)

Topic: Mafia 39: Living in the West was harder than you think!

The Origins of the Feud: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_a … e_conflict

Mounting Tension: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_a … th_Cowboys

The incident at the Old Kindersley Horse Lot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_a … e_gunfight

The aftermath: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_a … the_battle

The Town's reaction: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_a … c_reaction

Nota Bene: This takes place during the brief window from the court hearings and trial: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_a … r_hearing, to the final events culminating in the Earp Vendetta Ride: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earp_Vendetta_Ride

The citizens of Tombstone Arizona are in a frenzied panic.  The Earps seem like brutally rough yet decent lawmen, but they have shown a lapse in judgment.  Even though certain testimonies were dismissed by Justice of the Peace Wells Spicer, many citizens still believe that the Earps are cold blooded killers.  Ike was pretty persuasive in saying that he and Billy were not only unarmed during the O.K. shootout, but that the Earp "gang" fired first. Tom Fitch, esquire, was as silver tongued as they came though when it came to defending The Earp Brothers in court so many are ready to give them the benefit of the doubt...for now. 

Virgil's wounding and Morgan's assassination have reignited the town's lust for righteous killings, and as the nightly murders start filling up the town cemetery they are ready for an end to this mess. The residents are sure it has to be the local "Cowboy" outlaws behind all of the senseless death, but wouldn't put it past one of the Earps or that crazy killer Doc Holliday being behind the assassinations as well.  They are all known to have dodged the law at some point.

Sheriff John Behan is trying to get a handle on things before they spin even further out of control, but he has recently begun receiving mysterious money packed envelopes during the night that contain simple two word commands. He knows he shouldn't succumb to his greed, but he is beginning to itch profusely in certain areas and he knows that in 30 years or so he may need the money for his hospital bills.

Meanwhile, Mattie has snuck back into town in search of Wyatt, with pints of laudanum tucked into her corset.  If no one will invite her to party, she will make one on her own. 

Sadie patiently waited for her new squeeze Wyatt to ship his tramp off, but now she is hearing rumors that the nasty little tart Mattie Blaylock is back in town.

Dramatis Personae

The Town:

Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp - This cold blooded, questionable ethics embracing, pro-town Cop will find his brother's killers and either see them hang, or bathe in their own blood...whichever involves the least amount of paperwork.  If he is night killed, the results of his investigations will be received via post by a person of his choosing. If he is lynched, the investigations die with him.

John Henry "Doc" Holliday - The pro-town "Doctor" who couldn't hack it as a dentist, tries to save someone each night with his bloody pliers and bottle of whiskey.  He may cough on you and drunkenly spill his hip flask in your crotch but at least you'll survive if he notices that you're in trouble. He cannot save himself. He has a horrible temper and if the town moves to lynch him, he will pull his derringer and shoot the person closest to him (whomever he thinks that may be) before being subdued...If attacked at night, he will take his killer with him into death. If attacked during the day, the combatants' fate will be decided by a duel to the death with a single roll of the die deciding their fates. He is dying of tuberculosis anyway, and has no fear of death itself.

Baxter "Warren" Earp - This hot-headed and unexperienced pro-town RoleBlocker frequently goes against his brother's wishes and sneaks off during the middle of the night to criminally restrain people and play "cop". Fortunately, this bully gets no real information from anyone.  He just annoys them during the night, not allowing them to get anything done. At least he is smart enough not to block the same person 2 nights in a row. In the event that Wyatt is killed, Warren grows a brain and assumes the Cop role as well,** including the authority to deputize one person.  If this occurs there will only be 1 investigation between the 2 cops. **

There are 13 normal Tombstone Citizens.

The Mob:

William Bresnaham a.k.a. "Curly Bill Brocious" is the GodFather who wasn't even present at the O.K. Corral shootout, yet runs things behind the scenes. He just wants to be left alone to smoke Opium, but his gang members are demanding the death of the Earps and their prick friend Doc Holliday. He orders a nightly assassination to appease them, just so he can get back to his dope. If investigated, he will appear to be a loyal Tombstone citizen.

Joseph Isaac "Ike" Clanton - The crafty pro-mob RoleBlocker.  He is comfortable with riding against the law while still using it in his favor.  He will frustrate the Earps by any means necessary. He is way more intelligent than people think and has no targeting limits each night.

William Francis "Billy" Claiborne - Billy is a cowardly Mobster that is unable to get up the nerve to assassinate anyone on his own without being ordered to do so.  Three days into the game though, he gathers enough courage for a risky, albeit foolish, day kill.  He wastes most of his money on opium and whiskey so he can only afford the ammunition to kill someone every other day. The killings do not affect the outcome of the voting and will be revealed at the conclusion of the lynch phase. (Mob Special)

**Elliot Larkin Ferguson a.k.a. Pete Spence - This former Texas Ranger, now gone bad, is believed to be one of the ones responsible for Morgan Earp's death. He is hiding among the outlaws and is a fugitive from justice. He is afraid to show his face during the day, unless he has the gang to protect him.**

The Serial Killer:

Celia Ann "Mattie" Blaylock - A former prostitute with an addiction to laudanum and Wyatt Earp's old shacked up, common-law "wife".  Her syphilis has flared up again and each night in a fit of sexually frustrated rage, she sneaks out and stabs someone in the back with her trusty boot knife.  If Wyatt won't give it to her, she'll give it to someone else.  She is immune to night killing.

The Corrupt Politician (Special Role 1):

John Harris Behan is the corrupt Cochise County Sheriff in the pay of Ike Clanton.  He votes as a loyal town citizen, but will fall under Ike's sway if legal action is initiated during the night.  If Ike is killed, he becomes a normal Tombstone citizen.

The Jealous New Girlfriend (Special Role 2):

Josephine "Sadie" Sarah Marcus is Johnny Behan's ex-girlfriend and Wyatt Earp's new shacked up, common-law "wife".  Sadie only has one thing on her mind:  Find the hopped up prostitute and get her out of the way...for good.  Each night she will sneak out of the hotel in search of Mattie Blaylock.  If Mattie is found, then the very next day the strung out hooker will find herself alone and unable to defend herself as Sadie ties up loose ends. She votes as a normal Tombstone Citizen.

********* RULES *********

- Your objective is to rule Tombstone; to do this, you must eliminate the opposing factions.

- Outlaws are allowed 1 kill each night and 1 kill beginning the 3rd day if Billy is activated; they will win if they kill all pro-town roles, citizens, special roles, and Mattie Blaylock

- Town will win if they kill all Outlaws and Mattie Blaylock

- Mattie Blaylock is allowed 1 kill each night; she wins if she kills everyone else and is the sole survivor

- If Doc Holliday is challenged to a gun fight during they day the winner will be decided as follows: 1 or 6 means both die, 2, 3 or 4 means Doc lives, 5 means the attacker lives

- Each day phase every Tombstone citizen must vote for whomever they think should be executed that day; this person will die and no longer be a part of the game.

- In the event of a tie in the number of votes at the end of dayphase, there will be an extended period of 1 hour for players to change their votes, should they wish to do so; if at the end of the extended period the tie still persists, BOTH players will be lynched; if a player missed the original voting deadline he/she will NOT be able to cast his/her vote during the extended period. During the additional hour of voting as a result of a tie, players may only vote for those people who were tied for the highest votes among players during that day phase.

- You cannot miss two votes; should this happen, you will be immediately removed from the game, and lynch will still commence based on voting.

**-IF YOU GO INACTIVE WITH A SPECIAL ROLE: You automatically receive a 1 game ban.  No exceptions.**

- You are NOT allowed to make public the message sent you by the writers that details your role, either entirely or in part; should this happen you will be removed from the present game and possibly future editions as well. You can share what your information means, but you cannot share the exact text.

- Once you're dead, you're dead.

>>>> DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME TO ACTIVE PLAYERS!

>>>> DO NOT POST IN THE FORUM THREAD!

>>>> DO NOT POST ABOUT THE GAME IN #MAFIA CHAT!

The above are considered acts of influence upon the remaining players, and will get you banned from future games. We all like to have fun, and play by the rules, so please keep that in mind.

Order of Night Activities:

Serial Kill
Mob Kill
Doctor Save
Cop Investigation
Mob RB
Town RB
Special 1
Special 2

Order of Day Activities:

Special 2
Mob Special
Special 1
Lynch Count
Doc kill (if activated)

The Players:

1. Ramza---Doc-Killed by SK Night 2
2. Keerb---lynched day 4
3. Arby3---town SK hunter killed day 3 by mob special
4. Poley
5. Oxygen---Cop, Mob killed night 4
6. TBO
7. Torqez---town, killed by mob special day 5
8. Walking_Corpse---town, mob killed night 6
9. RisingDown---Mob Killed Night 1
10. EvilRunt---mob special, lynched day 5
11. Tia
12. Freezy---Mob RB lynched day 3
13. Alundra
14. Einstein--- Town, lynched Day 1
15. Nolio--- Town, Killed by SK Night 1
16. Silmarwen
17. Wendy
18. Gwynedd---Town RB, killed by Mob night 5
19. KT
20. Undeath
21. Remo---SK, killed by town special Night 2
22. Galeonis---Town, lynched Day 2
23. Genesis---Town, Mob killed night 3

GAME WILL START MARCH THE 2ND @ 0200 gmt

Night Phase: 0200-1400

Day Phase: 1400-0200

(All times are GMT)

[Banned List:  There is no one on it at this time]

Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam

Re: Mafia 39: Living in the West was harder than you think!

ahhhhhh shyyyyyyyytttttttt

we be goin' back to the future boys!

<@Nick> it always scares me when KT gets all dominatrixy
* I_like_pie is now known as pie|bbl
<@KT|afk> Look at him run!
<@Nick> if you tell him to slap you and call you mommy
<@Nick> i'm leaving and never coming back

Well howdy partner. Say where you get those fancy boots. Nie key huh? Never seen words on boots before, nor such fancy colors either.

For that matter whats with that there yellow jacket? I aint ever seen such fur or fabric in my life.

Everything bad in the economy is now Obama's fault. Every job lost, all the debt, all the lost retirement funds. All Obama. Are you happy now? We all get to blame Obama!
Kemp currently not being responded to until he makes CONCISE posts.
Avogardo and Noir ignored by me for life so people know why I do not respond to them. (Informational)

Serial Kill
Mob Kill
Doctor Save
Cop Investigation
Mob RB
Town RB
Special 1
Special 2

So...roleblocks and heal happen AFTER kills?

Modestus Experitus

Arby: A very strict mod, reminds me of a fat redneck who drives a truck around all day with a beer in one hand. I hated this guy at the start, however, I played a round in PW with him where he went as an anonymous player. Our fam got smashed up and everyone pretty much left. Arby stayed around and helped out the remaining family. At the end of the round he revealed himself.... My views on him have changed since. Your a good guy.....

What arby said. Also, can the sk be cured of her syphilis?

Insanity and genius are closely related!
*** Eltie for mod! ***
Failing Lemming of Teachings and Australian Cop Orgies: Gwynedd

6 (edited by {Sexy}EvilRunt 28-Feb-2013 16:19:42)

After kill attempts. smile  I talked with SSL, and it all makes sense.

Arbolio3 wrote:

So...roleblocks and heal happen AFTER kills?

Leap ahead

Without letting too much slip out, we wanted things more directly involved with lots of action potential in the stories.  You could look at the role blocks as reactionary.

The SK cannot be cured...well maybe by a lead pill or 6 inches of steel.  smile

Several edits to bring to your attention (They are listed above and marked with: **)

The Town RB role:

"In the event that Wyatt is killed, Warren grows a brain and assumes the Cop role as well,** including the authority to deputize one person.  If this occurs there will only be 1 investigation between the 2 cops. **"

Added Mob Role:

"**Elliot Larkin Ferguson a.k.a. Pete Spence - This former Texas Ranger, now gone bad, is believed to be one of the ones responsible for Morgan Earp's death. He is hiding among the outlaws and is a fugitive from justice. He is afraid to show his face during the day, unless he has the gang to protect him.**"

And...hopefully this is the last edit:

"**-IF YOU GO INACTIVE WITH A SPECIAL ROLE: You automatically receive a 1 game ban.  No exceptions.**"

Slight voting process edit to avoid confusion from the past few rounds:

"During the additional hour of voting as a result of a tie, players may only vote for those people who were tied for the highest votes among players during that day phase."

lets get this shit started smile

Leap ahead

/me is so excited to pop his mafia cherry!

- The Galeonis Empire

[00:26] <&Walking_Corpse> mapgen doesn't work right for me
[00:26] <&Galeonis> yeah yeah same with ur penis tongue

/me pours syphilis onto Galeonis

----------GAME START!----------

***It's now NIGHT PHASE. Special roles have until 1400 to send their targets to SSL and HydroP***

i vote WC preemptively

Leap ahead

Haters gonna hate

/me shakes ass

My predictions

Arby: mob
Gwynn: mob
Keerb: mob
KT: Town
Nolio: Town
Torqez: Mob/sk
Evilrunt: Mob/sk

I would identify roles I think I can predict but that would be a bad idea tongue

Everything bad in the economy is now Obama's fault. Every job lost, all the debt, all the lost retirement funds. All Obama. Are you happy now? We all get to blame Obama!
Avogardo and Noir ignored by me for life so people know why I do not respond to them. (Informational)

18 (edited by SSL 02-Mar-2013 15:10:10)

Sheriff Behan sat and stared at the money filled envelope sitting on the desk in front of him.  He reached into his bottom desk drawer and pulled out a bottle of whiskey, pouring 3 fingers of it into a glass tumbler.  He corked the bottle and set it on the desk, growing increasingly irritated and angry at the words contained within the letter.  He reached over and turned up the wick on the lamp next to him so that he could peer closely at the writing.  Suddenly he jerked his head up and stared out the window at the saloon across the street.  He had recognized the badly misspelled handwriting and knew who had penned the letter.  He leaned back in his chair, pulling his pistol and laying it gently on the desk.  He pulled the lever on it, carefully removed the cylinder and checked the wax seal on each round to make sure they weren't compromised.  After several minutes deep in thought, he reassembled the pistol and decisively returned it to his waistband.  He turned to the untouched whiskey and picked it up.  He peered at the amber liquid inside, mesmerized as it caught and refracted the light from his lamp.  In a single motion he leaned his head back and tossed the burning liquid to the back of his mouth and swallowed it with a brief grimace.

He stepped out of his office, turned to his left and walked 5 paces to the corner of the building and stepped back against the wall, concealing himself within the shadow of the awning.  It was only a quarter-moon tonight but he wasn't taking any chances.  After a bit, Curly Bill came out through the front doors of the saloon, turned down the alley and began urinating against the building.  Behan pulled the pistol from his waistband, cocked it behind his back, thrust his other hand into his vest pocket and silently crossed the street.  Curly Bill was having trouble standing even with one hand against the wall...urine splashing his trousers as well as his shoes and the wall.  Behan increased his stride, pulling the pistol to his front.  When he came within 10 feet of the drunk he raised the pistol, extended his arm and fired a single shot into the right side of Curly Bill's head.  Without slowing he continued down the alley, turned the left corner and entered the O.K. Corral.  He swiftly readied his horse and rode out to the Outlaw camp.  As he came within hearing range of the fire he called out,

"'Lo there the fire!"

"Who's there and whadda ya' want!", Billy Claiborne snapped.

"I'm here to talk business...",  Behan smiled as he dismounted, hobbled his horse and approached the fire. 

Curly Bill Brocius (RisingDown) is now dead, and Sheriff Johnny Behan has secretly joined the Outlaws as its new GodFather.

(NB: I jumped the gun on RisingDown, thinking he was too busy to play.  I was mistaken and he has my sincerest apologies.)

Mattie turned the laudanum bottle upside down and strained to land the very last drop of it on her tongue.

"Dammit!" she growled to herself.

She went downstairs, and left the hotel in search of the druggist.  As she approached the darkened store she bumped into Nolio without seeing him, stumbled to her right and fell sideways into the horse trough.

"Sorry missss..." mumbled Nolio drunkenly.  "Lemme help you up."

Mattie glared at him but allowed herself to be helped to her feet, dripping fetid water onto the boardwalk.

Nolio chuckled at her disheveled appearance and that was all it took.  Mattie leaned forward slightly and reached underneath her dress, freeing the knife from the holster around her thigh.  She angrily stumbled forward, thrusting the knife upward , barely clearing the ribs.  She may have been stoned and drunk but she clearly knew where a man's heart lay. 

Nolio's mouth gaped open like a fish and he tried to form words, his still beating heart destroying itself against the razor sharp edge of Mattie's knife as he pawed feebly at her arm.

Mattie's vision tunneled and she released the knife.  Nolio slumped back against the building and slid to the walk, the knife still protruding from his chest.  Mattie breathed deeply and her vision finally cleared.  She took one look at the body lying at her feet, eyes widened in surprise, and fled back to the hotel.

Nolio, the loyal Tombstone Citizen, is now dead.

After the outlaw business had concluded, Sheriff Behan rode back into town and caught one of the town hobos snooping through his extra saddle bag at the corral.  The blood started pumping in his ears, blocking out all sound.  What a filthy piece of trash! The gun wasn't to be soiled...he drew the pen knife from his pocket and gazed past its sharp edges at the smelly little beast in front of him.

Suddenly, Warren Earp raced around the corner gun in hand.  "Stop thief!" he brayed.  Sheriff Behan stared at Warren thoroughly tongue-tied, as the false cop jerked the hobo up by his elbows and dragged him off into the night.  Behan pocketed his knife and shook his head as he shoved a feed bag underneath his horse's nose, and checked to make sure that she had clean water. “That dipshit is even dumber than James.”, he thought to himself...”of course all of the Earps are semi-retarded”.

As the night wound down Sadie sighed, turned off the lamp and went to bed.

Doc Holliday passed out at the bar...again. 

Ike Clanton discovered a new rash in a very sensitive place.

Wyatt Earp nodded off in his chair...mumbling something about bootprints in his sleep.

------------ It is now Day Phase.  You have until 0200 to cast your votes! ------------

interesting. The gf is replaced and town roleblocker finds out who it is instantly smile very nice

The earp found the new God father and roleblocked him.

Gj man. Thats awesome.

I was correct about Nolio but never would have guessed risingdown.

Never suspect, or didnt want to grass him in? Hmmmm?

Voting Einstein wink

Been dreaming, I've been waiting, To fly with those brave ponies
The Wonderbolts, their daring tricks, Spinning 'round and having kicks
Perform for crowds of thousands, They'll shower us with diamonds
The Wonderbolts will see me right here at the Gala!

I suspect Arby the most. Voting Arby

So this is extremely revealing!  Night one has given us ample amount of information to make an educated decision on who to vote.  I've noticed one person in particular being extremely suspicious.  In chat they've insisted that they are mob, they've been less active than usual (due to attending a high school basketball game last night, who does that right?), and all in all their voting trends so far have led me to think they must be mob.  Who else would try to kill Nolio on night one the game after he successfully marked 6 out of the 6 mafia members by day 3?  Why Oh why would the night roles want to kill someone that has again proven that he can see right through them!?!

Due to this damning evidence, I'm voting for Undeath

<KT|Away> I am the Trump of IC

[06:37] (Alundra) Lol everyoe knows im easily exicted and impatient tho. So i dont think anybody will think anything of it tongue

Innocent lady not so innocent?

Lol thats like a headline from a smutty newspaper wink

Plus that was only part of my reasoning for voting you. U literally said that me voting for you is part of the fact that everyone votes for you. U know fine well im townie i mean your not even voting for me, but are trying to keep the votes of yourself wink.

Been dreaming, I've been waiting, To fly with those brave ponies
The Wonderbolts, their daring tricks, Spinning 'round and having kicks
Perform for crowds of thousands, They'll shower us with diamonds
The Wonderbolts will see me right here at the Gala!