In addition to the rules below, usage of the Imperial Conflict game site
is subject to the Terms Of Service.
Here are the rules established by the administration of Imperial Conflict. We ask that you adhere to them. If you do not, the administration reserves the right to take any steps it deems required to correct such violations. This includes modification or deletion of your account without warning, if plausible evidence is discovered. The decisions of the administrators are final. Any information on these actions is private and will be withheld from all outside parties. The administration reserves the right to access all information entered into the game through your game account.
By registering a game account, you agree to these rules.
You are allowed to create no more than one account. This account will be considered your account, and not anyone else's. You must keep this account throughout your game time. There is no way to delete it.
You will not at any time access the server through any account other than your own. This includes babysitting accounts. A Vacation Mode is provided if a player will be away from his/her account for an extended period of time.
Things you must not do include:
- Creating an account for a friend or family member. Imperial Conflict administration requires that the user of such an account perform this registration.
- Taking ownership of an account that someone has offered to you. This includes babysitting an account. A vacation mode is provided for when users will be away from their accounts. Violators of this rule will result in deletion of accounts of all involved parties.
- Establishing alliances through other means than the official in-game Alliance relations. (For further information, please see this thread)
- Giving your account password to anyone, as applicable when babysitting or transferring accounts. This includes using a password known to others. Not following these rules will result in deletion of accounts of all participating parties.
- Allowing someone else to enter your account. Administration reserves the right to view account information for official investigative purposes.
- You are not allowed to use certain language in the game. This includes and is limited to discrimination based on people's real-life race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, etc., profanity/insults with origins as having a sexual, sexist, or racist nature (with the exceptions of "bitch," "screw," and "suck" when used in a non-racist/non-sexist/non-sexual/non-offensive way), profanity/insults used in sexual, sexist, or racist ways, and pornographic material.
- Entering false nationality in the registration process.
- Using a proxy server (beyond any required for you to access the Internet) to access the Imperial Conflict server. It should be noted that many download accelerators use proxy servers, and thus using such a download accelerator with IC is a breach of the rules. Use of a proxy server will result in an immediate block from the game
Enforcement of General Rules
- The administration reserves the right to take steps suitable to the offense. Violators risk a warning or deletion without warning.
- If you receive a message with banned language, email the name of the empire that sent it, to a moderator, to help us ensure it is dealt with.
- If you suspect someone of being a multi, please report him/her to a moderator by email. Administration will review and take necessary action in all circumstances.
Family Banner Rules
As family leader you can choose a banner for your Family.
You can be warned or deleted for displaying:
- Pornography (will result in immediate deletion)
- Banned Language
- URLs to Any Other Site
These rules also apply to the avatars.
Program Use Rules
You may not use any other program other than an Internet browser in conjunction with Imperial Conflict.
- No program is allowed to have access to your Imperial Conflict browser. Any tools or programs you use that gives you an added advantage and is not cleared by the administration and made available to every player is illegal.
- The use of programs or tools to enable mass mailing is forbidden. Users reported for spamming--sending messages to lots of players in the game--will be investigated and deleted if found to be spamming. Additional monetary damages may be sought for costs associated with such actions.
In addition, using ways of abusing the game or site not directly covered by the rules may also be reason enough for deletion of accounts.
These rules are subject to change.
The administration has adopted these rules for your protection and to ensure that everyone can enjoy a fair game.
Any questions regarding the rules can be asked in the Questions board in the main Imperial Conflict Forum.
We welcome you to Imperial Conflict, and hope you enjoy the game.
The Imperial Conflict Team